Everyone’s favourite acne product from LRP, Effaclar Duo, has undergone a reformulation to make it even better than ever.
Effaclar Duo+ now contains a new ingredient, Procerad, which helps to prevent acne scarring from developping.
Not to worry, Duo+ still contains the ingredients from the beloved original, it’s just been suped up to fight what acne leaves behind.
Ingredients from the original:
- Niacinamide aka Vitamin B3 (fights inflammation and stops breakouts)
- Piroctone Olamine (anti-bacterial and anti-fungal)
- Salicylic Acid & LHA (a precise, gentle exfoliating ingredient)
- Lineolic Acid (Salicylic acid’s sister)
- Zinc PCA (regulates sebum)
Did you know that acne scarring can take 3 years to fade away?
Acne scarring and hyperpigmentation affects everyone from fair (red marks) complexions to dark (brown marks). Procerad contains contains cermaides and anti-inflammatory ingredients that prevent melanin from being triggered into developping hyperpigmentation on any skin tone.
Duo+ works to fight inflammation (redness), prevent blemishes and provides hydration to oilier skin. I, myself, have dry combination skin, so if you are like me, I would still recommend a moisturizer over top. It is ever so slightly heavier than the original (Duo+ is like a lightweight moisturizer, the original is more of a gel) and contains a really nice, fresh scent.
Duo+ is suitable for even the most sensitive of skin.
Some other tidbits I learned from the excellent session:
- There is a different Effaclar product for everyone:
- Effaclar H for those on Accutane (doesn’t contain exfoliating ingredients)
- Effaclar K for retentional acne, contains retinol (under the skin bumps, blackheads, whiteheads–you would not be getting any surface pimples any more)
- Effaclar A.I. for those who get 1 or 2 pimples a month and only need spot treatment
- Effaclar Mat for dilated pores–this one mattifies and slows down oil production
- Also in the range: a gel cleanser and toner (which contains LHA!)
- Effaclar Duo+ can be used as:
- a spot treatment
- nightly as a full-face treatment
- as a preventative treatment on only breakout zones
- Those suffering from acne-prone skin should be using an SPF every single day to prevent acne scarring, especially if they are taking an oral prescription
- For those on Accutane, LRP recommends cleansing with their Toleriane cream cleanser and following up with Effaclar H.
- Did you know: Accutane only gets properly absorbed into your body when taken with a fat (i.e. a tbsp of peanut butter, or a piece of avocado). When combined, you will receive longer-term and better results.
Efflaclar Duo+ will be available in stores August 6th.