Some bridal makeup tips:
- Skip the highlighter. You don’t want your face to be too glowy and sparkly, it won’t translate well on camera (avoid the dreaded flashback–and while we’re on the topic, avoid any products with SPF).
- Stay true to yourself and your makeup personality.
- Wait until a month before to purchase your foundation–you can test some out beforehand (ask for samples), but your skin tone can change in the months leading up to the wedding.
- Try to prep your face months in advance with a good facial and a good skincare routine.
- Blend, blend, blend.
- Apply more than you normally would. This is not the time to have a light hand.
- Don’t be afraid of a slightly brighter lip and cheek. It will look great on camera.
- Definitely wear fake eyelashes or splurge for lash extensions.
- Remember that your face tells a colour story–either pick all warm or all cool colours for a consistent look.
- Know your strengths: Don’t have a steady hand? Ask one of your bridesmaids to do your eyeliner. Can’t figure out fake eyelashes for the life of you? Get one of your maids to learn (here is a great video), practice and apply them for you on the big day.
- Watch some tutorials on YouTube (here are a few I took inspiration from). You can learn so much from some great makeup videos.