Even though the days are getting longer and hotter, some of us spend the majority of our time indoors at school, work, shopping, etc. Thus, when the time comes, nobody wants to hit the beach with a glowing white bod. So hit up that self-tanner, and fake your goddess glow! (Just make sure you get a good one–i.e. not orange)
- Exfoliate before application with a grainy scrub. Also, shave those legs, because shaving with the product on can leave a spotty finish.
- Apply moisturizer to drier areas (mostly around joints), like elbows and knees, as they will absorb more pigments and turn darker.
- Use either a latex glove or a tanning mitt when applying the product.
- Try not to bend over, or bend the elbows and knees during the application and drying time– this can lead to creasing and streaks.
- Despite the promisingly quick drying times, we advise that you wait at least 5-10 minutes before you put any clothes on.
- Try to minimize the time you spend in the shower, and just showers in general (within reason, obviously).
–Anna Raponi & Amanda Raponi